Volunteer Landing is a beautiful riverfront park that runs parallel with the Tennessee River along the Neyland Greenway where visitors enjoy fishing, biking, jogging, walking, and relaxing. It is also the place where the armada known as the VOL Navy assembles, creating a sea of orange on UT home football weekends. Boarding takes place promptly near the “Towers” at Volunteer Landing, approximately halfway between the Gay Street Bridge and the Henley Street Bridge (pictured to the left). Depending on the circumstances, other boarding site options may be offered. These options are presented on our map below. Click the map for greater detail.
- A: Volunteer Landing Marina
- B: Calhoun’s Restaurant
- C: “Towers” at Volunteer Landing
- D: VOL Navy Docks
- E: CityView Docks
Click on the map for greater detail.
- The Magenta Arrows indicate the walking route toward downtown Market Square from Volunteer Landing Marina.
- The Blue Arrows indicate the walking route toward downtown Market Square from the CityView Docks.
- The Orange Arrows indicate the walking route toward Neyland Stadium from Volunteer Landing Marina.
DISTANCE & TIME (WALKING) . . .
- From the “Towers” at Volunteer Landing (C) to Neyland Stadium (F): ~ 1/2 mile (12 minutes).
- From Volunteer Landing Marina (A) to VOL Navy Docks (D): ~ 1/2 mile (12 minutes)
- From Volunteer Landing Marina (A) to Neyland Stadium (F): ~ 3/4 mile (18 minutes)
- From Volunteer Landing Marina (A) to downtown Gay Street/Market Square Districts: ~ 1/2 mile (12 minutes)
- From the CityView Docks (E) to downtown Gay Street/Market Square Districts (via Blount & Gay): ~ 1 1/4 mile (30 minutes)
- From the CityView Docks (E) to Neyland Stadium (F) (via Henley, Cumberland & Stadium Dr): ~ 1 1/4 mile (30 minutes)
Per U.S. Coast Guard regulations, the maximum number of paid passengers aboard the Queen Priscilla at any time (day or night) is six (6). This rule is strictly enforced.
RESERVATIONS . . . All reserved cruises take place after 5 pm during the week and at almost any time on the weekends. To schedule a cruise, please call (865) 312-9000. If you reach a recording, please leave a specific message regarding the requested date & time for your cruise and the number of guests in your party. Advance notice of least 2 hours is respectfully requested.
E-MAIL . . . If you prefer to use email, send your information request to: Captain@TennesseeBoatLine.com
REGULAR MAIL . . . Our regular mailing address is: Tennessee Boat Line | 445 W. Blount Ave., No 216 | Knoxville, TN 37920.